Surface Pro is supposed to be good for a 1080p HD screen, not 1366 x 768. But I’m not sure about that. The screen is still only 10.6”. They scale the Metro side so everything is the same size it would be on a 1366 x 768 ARM or Atom tablet. So the Start screen is still only 3 rows high for example, while bigger screens fit more. Then on the desktop, keeping everything at on that size screen would result I’m every element being really tiny to touch, even read. And I browse the desktop with touch all the time.
A key quality of a true hustler is the ability to separate reality from tech companies’ PR spin… so when Apple comes under public scrutiny for their famous “reality distortion field”, it can be quite amusing to watch. One of the funniest things to come out of Apple’s recent media storm over their alleged iPhone antenna problems (aka “Antennagate”) has to be this video: A Taiwanese news agency has decided to animate the entire iPhone story, and it’s fun to watch even if you don’t speak the language.
Avoid the reality distortion field!
To move or act energetically and rapidly (thefreedictionary.com)
To make strenuous efforts to obtain (merriam-webster.com)
an enterprising person determined to succeed; go-getter (dictionary.reference.com)
The Pursuit of Happyness
Quick, answer this: What’s the one thing we all want to obtain? The answer’s actually pretty simple: when it comes down to it, we all just want to lead happy lives. What’s this mean exactly? Well for most people, happiness largely breaks down into these seven main desires:
- Money, or what having money means: comfort, amenities, toys, stuff. We’d like to make more money so that we can acquire whatever it is that gives us pleasure.
- Health: It’s incredibly difficult to stay happy when we’re physically ill or in pain. Being healthy gives us the freedom to enjoy other things in our lives.
- Time: With more time on our hands, we have the ability to “stop and smell the roses”, so to speak. We want to be able to enjoy life and spend it with loved ones, without having to think about all the work we have to do.
- Freedom: Like time, having freedom means the ability to do what we want without obligations or restraints getting in the way. We are happy when we are free to do what we like when we like, where we like, or how we like.
- Security: We’d like to know that our life, well being, and possessions are safe from harm or inconvenience. Fear gets in the way of happiness, so we strive to protect ourselves from danger.
- Fulfillment: Part of the human condition is the drive to achieve meaningful things. We want to pursue activities that vibe with who we are, while having an impact on the world around us.
- Connection: We all want companionship. Our connection to others whether family, friends, or lovers, makes us happy in ways achievement can’t. Sharing our thoughts, feelings and ideas with others is a natural urge.
Essentially, we just want to be successful at life. We want to get more done at work, have more fun at play, and share the experience. Fortunately for us, the great news is that as humans we already have an ace in the hole…